The Gel-Kayano® 29 shoe creates a stable running experience and a more responsive feel underfoot. Featuring a low-profile external heel counter, this piece comfortably cradles your foot with advanced rearfoot support. Asics also updated the midsole with FF BLAST™ PLUS cushioning. This helps keep the shoe lightweight while creating a more energized rebound in each step. A LITETRUSS™ stability feature is placed on the midsole’s inside angle. It’s designed to help keep your foot from rolling too far inward during your stride.
Tech & Materials
- Engineered knit upper Improves breathability.
- At least 50% of the shoe’s main upper material is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions
- The sockliner is produced with the solution dyeing process that reduces water usage by approximately 33% and carbon emissions by approximately 45% compared to the conventional dyeing technology
- Redesigned external heel counter Helps keep the foot stable and provide a more comfortable stride.
- LITETRUSS™ technology Improves medial support and midfoot integrity.
- 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION™ feature Improves compression at footstrike.
- Rearfoot GEL™ technology cushioning Provides good shock absorption.
- FF BLAST™ PLUS cushioning Provides lightweight impact absorption and a responsive rebound.
- OrthoLite™ X-55 sockliner Improves comfort.
- Reflective details Improve visibility.
- AHARPLUS™ heel plug Improves the outsole durability.